Binary Fountain is a dynamic, fast-paced company with high growth potential and mission to build the largest repository of opinion content in healthcare. Our current customers are some of the largest and most prominent health systems and hospitals in the U.S. With our cloud-based SaaS application, we provide our customers with critical tools to better understand customer experience that enables them to make significant changes. Our customers understand that online ratings significantly impact new patient volume and revenue. As a result, our customers use our tools to develop a deep and comprehensive understanding about what patients say about them online and manage online reputation.
Binary Fountain is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Tysons Corner, VA. The role is part of our engineering team and we are looking for someone to help drive the next round of infrastructure improvements within our SaaS platform and also support next generation, modern SPA from the backend perspective. We operate 100% on AWS infrastructure and ingest, process and surfaces millions of data points on a daily basis. We are passionate advocates of cloud technologies and use AWS for almost all our needs including S3, Lambdas, EMR, step functions, SQS/SNS, CodeDeploy, Cloudwatch, ECR with containerization processing heavy transaction volume reading and writing from non-relational datastores.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in full software development lifecycle;
- Build and support backend development using Java and Spring technologies;
- Work within event driven architecture (SQL and noSQL data stores, queuing, messaging, OAuth2);
- Build RESTful services using Java/J2EE (Spring, MyBatis, RabbitMQ);
- Ability to build microservices to support Single Page Applications (SPAs) on the front-end (micro-services, partial and frequent data pulls, quick execution, etc.);
- Ability to maneuver through polyglot solutions and data sources;
- Ability to deal with concurrency issues arising from highly distributed architectures;
- Build integrations with completely decoupled front-end (ReactJS, mobile app);
- Build applications that are deployed in cloud stack – AWS, Github, Continuous Integration and delivery (CI/D).
- 1-2 years of hands on programming experience in the Java and Spring technology stack.
- 1-2 years of experience in designing and developing RESTful web services.
- 2 years of experience in relational and non-relational data stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Cassandra, DocumentDB, ElasticSearch).
- Expert/Intermediate level experience in efficient data retrieval from very large relational and non-relational data stores.
- Ability to think between relational and non-relational data and ETL processes to transform from one to another.
- Experience in Git (preferably Github), Bitbucket or other modern code repositories.
- Exposure to automation/build tools like Maven, Jenkins, CI, Terraform and others.
- Exposure to AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Strong bias for action and ownership.
- Previous startup experience would be a huge plus.
- Desire to innovate and spread across cross-functional but related engineering domains (AWS, React, Security, IT Operations).
- Familiarity with SaaS products and/or healthcare products.
- Familiarity with Jira, Wiki and other development tools.
Binary Fountain offers an excellent employee experience: people-centered culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401K plan, unlimited PTO, insurance plans with the leading providers, FSA and HSA options, training opportunities, free gym on-site, and fully stocked kitchen with free snacks.
Binary Fountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.